OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
An account manager is responsible for all day-to-day tasks passed down from their assigned Director of Account Management. The AM is ultimately responsible for growing their designated advertising campaigns while working closely with their PDM counterpart to do so.
The AM will be responsible to for setting up, monitoring, and optimizing campaigns.
The AM will be assigned campaigns on an ongoing basis and will be responsible for maximizing the performance of each campaign.
The AM will contribute to building media plans and reporting up to director for direction.
Director of Account Management
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Launching all assigned campaigns that come in through the Sales team.
- Supports all Sales AEs with issues as directed by your manager.
- Maintain daily revenue spreadsheet for all campaigns.
- Handle new client in-take.
- Work with PDM counterpart to media plan for upcoming campaigns.
- Generate and test pixels.
- Brainstorm new products and creative to find new ways to grow publisher revenue
- Identify and rectify discrepancies.
- Work closely with PDM counterpart to optimize campaigns
- Communicate with Director about any paused activity or campaigns ending per the IO flight dates.
- Monitor the daily revenue of the campaign to make sure the caps and goals are being met.
- Monitoring credit/prepays and notifying director when budget is 72 hours from being spent.
- Identify major revenue drops/increases and report reasons for to director.
- Analyzing pub reports for each advertiser and communicating with PDMs about new pub opportunities for expansion.
- Monitor the campaign setup to make sure everything is happening according to the process.
- Create and file executed insertion orders.
- Compiling all pertinent information about a campaign and relaying that to the traffic team.
- Monitoring creative performance and request new creative for performance.
- Treat inbox as a daily task queue, completing all tasks by EOD.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Growth of assigned accounts
- Effective communication skills
- Success of new campaigns
- Lack of Errors
- Weekly reports to group managers
- Ability to thrive in a results driven environment.
TOOLS AVAILABLE TO MANAGE DAILY ACTIVITIES
- SalesForce for logging all information about accounts
- CPX Tools
- Yield Manager – RMX
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to frequent changes in direction and project priorities.
- Exceptional Multi-Tasking and Organization skills.
- Ability to meet team deadlines, and perform with minimum supervision to ensure proper campaign delivery.
- Communication skills and ability to manage multiple accounts and report proper issues to correct departments and following up.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.